Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Infinite Print

So, as suspected, the full installation was a bit too much to pull off for one project, but the next assignment works in quite nicely. No sooner had Troy given the assignment than I knew how to incorporate the infinite print and was thankful that it complimented and strengthened the installation I was conjuring.

Basically, to continue with the theme of 'coming to terms with being female' a loose title for the work, the infinite part of the project will be the wallpaper...maybe a border...instead of largely formatted wallpaper I will format the wallpaper (or border) in 8.5 x 11 sheets so that they can be conveniently printed by anyone.

The unique part of this will be that I will ask several women I know to print out the paper on their home printer, and share a short personal story about their own experiences with 'coming to terms with being female' and send it back to me. I will record their stories and play it in the closet, and use their pieces of paper to cover the walls.

Ok! Thats the plan. As bloggled before, I'm looking at william morris a lot for design ideas.

No comments: